Chepstow Plant International are seeking to employ an experienced Grade 1 heavy plant fitter to join the company's growing field service team within the Devon area. The ideal candidate would have experience and/or knowledge of the quarrying industry with a formal engineering qualification in plant maintenance, agricultural machinery or HGV mechanics, such as NVQ Level 3 / city and guilds or equivalent. This job will report directly into our Head of Field Service.
Job Roles / Duties:
- Repair of heavy-duty quarrying equipment, including excavators, articulated haulers, wheel loaders, bulldozers etc. from industry leading brands such as Volvo, Caterpillar and Komatsu to a very high standard
- To carry out inspections and local preparation of machines, such as fitting buckets or attachments, reversing cameras, radars etc.
- Ability to carry out major overhaul on engines, transmissions, axles, hydraulics etc.
- Able to work on own initiative and part of a team
- Ordering parts for repair jobs, return any unused parts in a clean/unused condition at the time of job completion.
- Diagnose and problem solve mechanical, hydraulic or electrical on machines
- Accurate completion of systems and paperwork
- Complete daily timesheets and job cards to provide detail of the works undertaken
- Carry out all work in line with the company's core health, safety and environmental policies and safe working practices
- Highlight to management where additional works may be required
- 5+ years' relevant experience (post apprenticeship) in the repair and maintenance of Heavy Construction Plant - Bulldozers, Dumptrucks, Excavators, Graders, Loading Shovels etc.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Tier 4 and 5 engines, regen and adblue systems.
- NVQ or equivalent in engineering, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics
- Experience in maintaining heavy quarry / mining / construction equipment, LDV's and 4x4's
- Experience and knowledge of diagnostic equipment and procedures, including use of laptops for fault finding / diagnostics
- Elevated level of Health and Safety knowledge
- Computer literate for email and tablet-based maintenance system
- Quick learner and able to work on own initiative, self-motivated
- Willingness to attend internal and external training courses
The position comes with a competitive remuneration package, including the option of overtime. Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org