Chepstow Plant International are seeking to employ an experienced heavy plant fitter to join the company's growing field service team within the Shropshire area. The ideal candidate would have experience and/or knowledge of the quarrying industry with a formal engineering qualification in plant maintenance, agricultural machinery or HGV mechanics, such as NVQ Level 3 / city and guilds or equivalent. This job will report directly into our Head of Field Service.
Job Roles / Duties:
- Repair of heavy-duty quarrying equipment, including excavators, articulated haulers, wheel loaders, bulldozers etc. from industry leading brands such as Volvo, Caterpillar and Komatsu to a very high standard
- To carry out inspections and local preparation of machines, such as fitting buckets or attachments, reversing cameras, radars etc.
- Ability to carry out major overhaul on engines, transmissions, axles, hydraulics etc.
- Able to work on own initiative and part of a team
- Ordering parts for repair jobs, return any unused parts in a clean/unused condition at the time of job completion.
- Diagnose and problem solve mechanical, hydraulic or electrical on machines
- Accurate completion of systems and paperwork
- Complete daily timesheets and job cards to provide detail of the works undertaken
- Carry out all work in line with the company's core health, safety and environmental policies and safe working practices
- Highlight to management where additional works may be required
- 5+ years' relevant experience (post apprenticeship) in the repair and maintenance of Heavy Construction Plant - Bulldozers, Dumptrucks, Excavators, Graders, Loading Shovels etc.
- Knowledge and experience of working with Tier 4 and 5 engines, regen and adblue systems.
- NVQ or equivalent in engineering, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics
- Experience in maintaining heavy quarry / mining / construction equipment, LDV's and 4x4's
- Experience and knowledge of diagnostic equipment and procedures, including use of laptops for fault finding / diagnostics
- Elevated level of Health and Safety knowledge
- Computer literate for email and tablet-based maintenance system
- Quick learner and able to work on own initiative, self-motivated
- Willingness to attend internal and external training courses
The position comes with a competitive remuneration package, including the option of overtime. Please submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org